Wednesday, December 3, 2008

News Bites (or perhaps, mauls?)

The job report shows a 250k loss. The October numbers have been revised for the worse. Surprise? Not if you have been following along.

Automakers want money. Congress says: go back and make a plan so that it doesn't look like we're throwing money into a pit.

Oil is below $50. Gas prices average ~$1.80 a gallon.

Goldman Sachs looks at a $2 billion loss. At least their first loss looks impressive.


You're a legend. But we're going to argue with you and continuously ask you questions that you have not answered to our liking. I'm going to giggle because I'm an idiot. I'm glad I get paid for being an ignoramus. CNBC, thank you.
StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should aspire to be such an idiot. rogers largest short last year was FNM at 70. When asked by Neil Cavuto at what price he would cover, rogers replied, "zero". No wonder he's gigling.

A. FRIEND

Complacent Panda said...

I'm not quite sure what you were getting at. But, I wasn't calling Rogers an idiot. I was calling the two hosts on CNBC idiots for treating Rogers so poorly. The girl was giggling and hiding her smile. I wasn't talking about Roger's "how could these two be so stupid" grin.

I love Rogers.

Sorry for not being clear.

Anonymous said...

Rogers is da man !

"Q"

Complacent Panda said...

I agree completely.

I find it despicable how his ideas are often treated by the media.