Sunday, September 14, 2008

Strangle LEH/WM?

I have been doing some non-post updates--adding more blog links, gathering links to more of my favorite technical indicators, and fixing a few formating errors in past posts. I was pretty tired out this weekend, but I got to thinking about the LEH/WM/Etc debacle; and, I wanted to see how well a strangle or a straddle on LEH and WM would do (assuming the options were purchased at the close on Friday). Once I begin to do decently in stocks, I would like to begin some option trading. This will be one of my first experiments. Anyway:

LEH - strangle; sept 2.5 put @ .70; sept 5 call @ .90
- straddle; sept 4 call @ 1.36; sept 4 put @ 1.54
- strangle; oct 2.5 put @ .75; oct 5 call @ 1.14
- straddle; oct 4 call @ 1.43; oct 4 put @ 1.63

WM - straddle; sept 3 call @ .41; sept 3 put @ .65
- strangle; oct 2.5 put @ .69; oct 4 call @ .85
- straddle; oct 2.5 call @ 1.18; oct 2.5 put @ .85

I'll post results after tomorrow's close (and possibly throughout the day if things get interesting). Wish the best of luck to anyone who may be in either of these stocks.

Good trading. Good luck. And don't listen to me for anything important. I don't want to be the scapegoat for your own idiocy.
StumbleUpon

No comments: